New Message Board

100 Mile Snow Safari General Chat
I Doo

Post by I Doo »

Jim, I see the picture I posted was reduced to a file you have to click on to open it. Are all pictures we post going to be this way for speed with dial up users? Just Curious!
SKI-DOO 2005 GTX 600 HO
QUESTION? WHEN YOU TURN ON YOUR SNOWMOBILE, DOES IT RETURN THE FAVOR??
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[quote=I Doo;76]Jim, I see the picture I posted was reduced to a file you have to click on to open it. Are all pictures we post going to be this way for speed with dial up users? Just Curious![/quote]Brian, I think it was a permissions problem. Were you logged in? You should of been able to view the picture in-line if you were logged in. However, unregistered / not logged in users did not have the permission. I think I have it fixed now.
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

Thanks for the heads up on that. Everything looked OK to me, because I was logged in. I had to log out, and then when I viewed that thread it showed it as a link and not in-line. But I've fixed it so that unregistered users and/or users not logged in now have permissions to view attachments.:)
I Doo

Post by I Doo »

That was the problem. I notice the same thing. I thought you did it for some other speed reason for dial up users. I like seeing the pictures without clicking on them better.:thinksnow:
SKI-DOO 2005 GTX 600 HO
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

Yeah... because that was one of the reasons we switched the message board software! :o
I Doo

Post by I Doo »

Jim, by the way. How many posts must you make before you are not a junior member. Don't like being a junior member of anything:rolleyes:
SKI-DOO 2005 GTX 600 HO
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

[quote=I Doo;98]Jim, by the way. How many posts must you make before you are not a junior member. Don't like being a junior member of anything:rolleyes:[/quote]LOL Those are default labels. And I'm not sure how many posts you have to make. I make take a look at changing that later.:confused:
Jim
Site Admin

Img Tag

Post by Jim »

FYI--

I have disabled the IMG tag. You will not be able to in-line link to any posted pictures. You'll have to use the attachment option and upload the image to the server. This was done for several reasons. One is to keep the file size down, to minimize the page load time (especially for dial up users). Another reason is that we have no control over pics linked outside of this site. The pic could be deleted or swap out with another one. It provides us with better control and security.
I Doo

Post by I Doo »

It is easier to attach pictures anyway. I like this system much better. Again good job and keep up the good work!
SKI-DOO 2005 GTX 600 HO
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

Thanks!
:cheers: