Armstrong Creek Update 1/5/20

Grooming Reports and Trail Conditions
CHOPPER 3

Armstrong Creek Update 1/5/20

Post by CHOPPER 3 »

The Armstrong Creek Tucker groomed the SS1 and SS6 sections yesterday afternoon down to Rat River rd and back to Armstrong. This trail is rated Very Good with exception to the two hazzard areas created by last weeks rain event. The marked water hazzard East of the Bear Creek Bridge is beginning to subside , I walked in and checked it out while I was out grooming . I took my cruisers axe and broke up all the shelf ice so it could freeze solid which should hopefully let us cross the area with our equiptment tomorrow night . I could not make it in to see the water hazzard west of the Bear Creek Bridge but several groups of riders while I was breaking ice reported that it was passasble with a hole in the middle of the trail that was navagable .
After refueling , I groomed North on SS2 and the NST1 . SS2 was groomed out to the swamp behind Laura and Gordon lakes where we have been turning around due to the water hazzard on the north and west side of the long swamp . Hopefully this area will freeze solid this week so we may continue across with grooming equiptment. Continuing North to Junction 5 and South to Hwy O on the NST1, it looked like there was a lot of traffic in the North . This section is rated good to very good. We saw a lot of traffic this weekend which was great too see with only a small percentage of "poor trail manners" being exhibited . Please remember to stay on marked trails folks , there are several areas that are subject to closure every year due to off trail riding on private land . Thanks for all the thumbs up, and for riding the 100 MILER.
100 Miler Trail Boss