Armstrong Creek Update 1/19

Grooming Reports and Trail Conditions
CHOPPER 3

Armstrong Creek Update 1/19

Post by CHOPPER 3 »

The SS2 and NST1 were groomed late last night and into this morning . The 5-7" of snow we received made for some loose trails Saturday and plenty of work for the groomer drivers . This trail is rated Excellent :D with only a few icy corners here and there . The newly opened trail from Newald road north to Jaquet road got a lot of traffic and showed by Saturday afternoon . This section has only been open since Friday and will need some setup time this week to stiffen up . I've been seeing alot of riders who upon meeting the groomer, pull up to the blade and wonder what to do :shock: . Any driver will tell you your best bet, (when safe) is to get off the trail as soon as you see our lights . It is far easier for you and your 500 lb machine to make way for 17,000 lbs of Groomer and drag . If you should leave the trail and get stuck , I can pull you out a lot easier than you trying to pull the Tucker back on the trail :lol: . I usually prefer to stop and let riders drive around the groomer instead of the groomer driving around the riders. The groomer prefers to stay on the trail whenever possible , bad things can happen even if we have to move over just a foot or so . On the same topic , the edge of the groomed trail is placed by the groomer driver where it is deemed safe to ride . The individuals who just gotta get that one ski outside the bank are asking for trouble and subsequently moving the safe riding area into a dangerous one . Nobody likes a" trail cop" :( , but it is our job to mention hazards before they become accidents. I hope everyone enjoyed the weekends riding , please stay on marked trails , ride right and save some trail for the next guy .
100 Miler Trail Boss
Johnnie

Re: Armstrong Creek Update 1/19

Post by Johnnie »

Great post Guy