Armstrong Creek Update 2/24/22

Grooming Reports and Trail Conditions
CHOPPER 3

Armstrong Creek Update 2/24/22

Post by CHOPPER 3 »

The trails south of Armstrong Creek were groomed last night and are rated in VERY GOOD condition . Extra blade work was done to flatten the corners back out . The several road sections in these areas that are designated Snowmobile Routes for access to the trail have been plowed and scraped excessively by the Town of Blackwell . For the time being , there is snow on the road . If you ride in these areas between Wabeno and Armstrong Creek you will be disappointed to see how the town " works " with the snowmobile club to keep trails open in Blackwell . Understandably , they have a job to do just as the club does . Yet when you see the job that was done , you'll be sad unless you have a single engine Cessna that you need to land on Goodman Park Rd , You're clear to land . I would normally say Ride Right :arrow: but that isn't possible in Blackwell anymore .
100 Miler Trail Boss
Keemez

Re: Armstrong Creek Update 2/24/22

Post by Keemez »

Couldn't agree more. I rode that section yesterday morning (I was the first one through after the new snow). I was just about spitting nails by the time I got to the A/C cutoff. What in the world ails those jackwagons? Is it THAT hard to leave a bleeping 5 or 6 foot swath for us to ride on? Good grief!
Skidoo2022

Post by Skidoo2022 »

Their brother or uncle must plow for town of Townsend on trail that runs along Burnt Dam Rd
I can understand keeping the road clear but dropping the wing blade and plowing 3/4’s of the ditch to wipe out the trail escapes logic.
CHOPPER 3

Post by CHOPPER 3 »

I agree , if they would give us a little the sleds wouldn't be forced to drive down the road and we could maintain it . You can see what happens when we can't maintain it ... 2 ft moguls along the road side . I don't need 9'6" of trail in the ditch , just an apron to run on .
100 Miler Trail Boss
smitty

Post by smitty »

I contaced the Blackwell Town Chairman about the plowing of the roads. Jerry Graves at (715) 889-9828.
Leave a message if he doesn’t answer.
Hoping if he hears it directly from the snowmobilers it will get fixed
Skee whiz

Post by Skee whiz »

Thanks for the contact info 👍🏻
WhiteThunderRider

Post by WhiteThunderRider »

I just came through that section . As I understand , this trail supports Wabeno and Armstrong Creek . That's a shame they won't work with your club . It's rideable for sure , but with that type of activity for how long ? Is this always a problem in this area ?
30+ years of grooming trails
TootinScootn

Post by TootinScootn »

Skidoo2022 wrote: Their brother or uncle must plow for town of Townsend
Sounds like a real "Jake"-ass! 👎
"My two great treats in life are baked beans and vanilla ice cream." --Jonathan Dimbleby