Armstrong Creek Update 1/22

Grooming Reports and Trail Conditions
CHOPPER 3

Armstrong Creek Update 1/22

Post by CHOPPER 3 »

Intersection # 49
Intersection # 49
36434.jpeg (491.91 KiB) Viewed 2105 times
SS2 and the NST 1 were groomed last night . These trail sections are both rated VERY GOOD. The trails took a pounding this weekend with the high amount of traffic we saw . The snow we received Thursday never had a good chance to setup properly. The 100 Miler was out all weekend getting them back in shape. Be aware of icy corners starting to show up . Cold temps this week are what we need to keep the season in check . Thank you for supporting all of our local businesses , Ride Right and leave some trail for the next guy 😎👍🏻.
100 Miler Trail Boss
WhiteThunderRider

Re: Armstrong Creek Update 1/22

Post by WhiteThunderRider »

Nice work out there fellas . Saw the Wabeno Tucker made it across that Little Long Lake Swamp successfully. You guys know better than anyone else when those swamps are safe . I'd like to see some of these "arm chair quarterbacks " jump into a 16,000 lb pulling unit with a 5,000 lb drag behind them and see if they can get it to walk on water . Your experience is vital to the success of your club and it shows . Thank you to all involved.
30+ years of grooming trails
Skee whiz

Post by Skee whiz »

X2 . I've been riding those trails for years and in the last 5 , it's become very apparent. That chap knows how to handle his unit . ❄️👀❄️
wayster68

Post by wayster68 »

I couldn't agree more! As a hard core rider - 60,000 plus lifetime miles I've ridden pretty much everywhere in our beautiful state along with the UP & these guys do a phenomenal job!!! I met Chopper a few years back taking a lunch break at the fence post & a few times out on the trail hard at it while I was enjoying his work,what a dedicated & super nice guy! His hard work & countless hours along with the others is greatly appreciated by my group of friends/fellow riders. His posts are not only very informative but with some added humor "Johnny braapp backpacker leave some trail for the next guy" lmao🤣
Have yet to meet Jim, but I'm sure I've passed him many a time & would also like to thank him for all he does! He is also a very dedicated hard worker with great posts! Thanks to the other drivers & all involved in the 100 miler!
Also the clubs from Occonto Marinette Forest Florence Langlade & Onieda as those counties are our main stomping grounds😎
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

wayster68 wrote: Have yet to meet Jim, but I'm sure I've passed him many a time & would also like to thank him for all he does!
You're welcome! 8-)
TootinScootn

Post by TootinScootn »

Thanks to all of the regular groomer drivers and all the hard work and long hours you put in. I have a cabin in Laona and love to ride the 100 Miler. You guys are the best!!!
"My two great treats in life are baked beans and vanilla ice cream." --Jonathan Dimbleby
snoway

Post by snoway »

Easy SS's :mrgreen:
Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim »

wayster68 wrote: Have yet to meet Jim, but I'm sure I've passed him many a time & would also like to thank him for all he does!
Thanks for stopping and saying thanks! That really made my night!! 😎